Let’s face it, the vast majority of guys that have been stuck at home for the past two years now and have yet to step outside apart from morning runs don’t have the best-looking wardrobe situation. And while we’d like to say this doesn’t concern most people, we think everybody’s guilty of slacking on their fashion sense, with their only choices ranging from 2019 classics and those random fashion tips they pull from TikTok.
Luckily enough, it’s not too late to turn things around because we still have some time before people start inviting your over for parties or any full-blown social activities. And given the rush nature of this job order, you won’t get a better chance than now to rediscover a brand-new personal style for the new normal. So, strap yourself in and be ready to write down some notes because we’ll be taking a fashion deep dive!
#1 Play To Your Advantages And Highlight Features
Nobody’s perfect, but just because we don’t have the best facial features or that greek-god physique doesn’t mean we can’t look our best. And just like how you would fix up a home according to its best aspects, you want to play to your advantages and highlight features when rediscovering your style. So, don’t go for apparel that clashes with your lifestyle or color palettes that don’t express your personality.
- Match Your Colors And Size: Colors and clothing sizes are your best friends and depending on how you want people to perceive you, there are a plethora of ways you can experiment. For example, if you want to come off as warm, approachable, and friendly, then going with a loose fit with vibrant pastels is an excellent choice. Plus, if you’ve been working on your shoulders, there’s nothing stopping you from trying on muscle-fits that complement your hard work too.
- Always Consider The Time And Place: Just because you want to be more extravagant and spontaneous with your outfits doesn’t mean you should put on outlandish get-ups just for the sake of standing out. At the end of the day, you want to dress appropriately for the occasion, so always consider the time and place. Therefore, you might want to go through a few different outfits for all possible invites like formal wear, business casual, or a weekend road trip.
#2 Experiment With Options You Would Normally Avoid
When we say that you should experiment with new apparel, we’re not telling you to wear everything that feels uncomfortable under the sun because that’s just a bad fashion principle. However, for those clothing options that you don’t like just for the way they look, we strongly recommend that you give these a chance and test them out first before making any conclusions. You see, finding a new style means trying new things, so now’s your chance to practice some openness.
- Practice With Layers In Front Of The Mirror: One thing that most guys often avoid is the process of layering clothes, but given the amount of versatility you can achieve, we think there’s a lot of lost potential waiting to be tapped. So, if you’re hesitant about trying it out in public, we recommend practicing in front of the mirror first. And once you’ve settled on something you like, take that outfit for a real-life runway.
- Explore New Accessories That Add Personality: Although jewelry is commonly associated with women, there’s nothing wrong with wearing accessories because they can help elevate a look. So, if you’re looking to stand out and make a style feel unique, adding bracelets, cuff links, earrings, or necklaces can help change things up for the better.
#3 Don’t Be Afraid To Learn From The Best
Lastly, one of the best ways to rediscover a brand-new style is by taking notes from the professionals and seeing which advice works best for your aesthetic. Of course, we wouldn’t recommend copying their entire outfits from head to toe, but feel free to mix and match different ones to come up with something fun. Plus, it’s an excellent way to introduce some of the latest designer clothing to your wardrobe.
- Try To Mimic a Celebrity You Adore: Instead of standing in awe and trying your best to wrap your head around The Eternals’ post-credits scene, taking tips from celebrities and actions stars that you adore are some of the best references for new fashion styles. Of course, we don’t expect you to walk out the door wearing battle armor, ready to face the next galactic threat, but you will find plenty of designs and outfits to work with.
Treat Your Fashion And Style Like Any Other Investment
Overall, the same effort you put into fixing your home’s heating or cooling system or clearing the backyard is how you should treat your fashion and style as well. And just because you haven’t been invited out yet to any part doesn’t mean you won’t be getting any notifications soon. So, it’s best to be safe and ready when that time finally comes.
Your style should reflect your character or personality. Make sure you are making the right impression by showing your own true personal style.